Pages

Monday 6 September 2010

Monkfish with uummm

I have been asked to put this one up for all of you to read.... Monkfish the meatiest fish of them all is so so good. And it is so easy to cook.
After coming home the other night early from work I fired up the coals in the bbq, I had four people for dinner and four fillets of monkfish, a few sprigs of rosemary, two lime, splash of good olive oil, ginger and a few cloves of garlic.
Easy, I cut the monkfish into pieces and placed them in a bowl with the juice of the lime, grated ginger, crushed garlic and black pepper and left the fish marinade in the fridge until I was ready to cook, (20 minutes). When the coals were white and full of heat, I used the rosemary sprigs as skewers This does two things, it keeps the fish together while cooking and the most important thing is it transfers the flavour of rosemary to the fish. It took five minutes to cook on the bbq and I served it with a mango, tomato and red onion salsa, brown rice and a bowl of salad leaves. Simple as you like eh

No comments:

Post a Comment