Pages

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Italians do it best......

After spending some time in Italy this summer I have come to the conclusion that the Italians know how to live life. Their culture, food, weather and the beautiful animated language they speak suite me, in fact it puts a smile on my face and enables me to cope with the Irish Summer and all that it brings.
My oldest Daughter Katie is Woofing near Piza at the moment and after a phone call to her Dad the other night I will not be expecting her home until August, the joys of being twenty one and carefree eh........
So here is a simple recipe that I cooked in a camper van overlooking the surfing beach in Levento north of Piza a few weeks ago. You have to try this one it is fantastic.......

Clams with thin spaghetti, garlic, pine nuts, basil and prosecco

Steam the clams in crushed garlic, finely chopped onion, basil, little white pepper, good knob of butter and a splash of processo ( drink the rest of the bottle with this dish). Boil the pasta and strain, mix the clams, juice and all the other bits with the spaghetti and serve at once.....

1 comment:

  1. You are spot on there. Love the recipe and also love the Italian way of life.

    ReplyDelete